The National Youth Council of Namibia (NYC) in collaboration with GIZ Namibia is implementing the Equipment Aid Grants (EAGs) for the youth-owned business across all 14 regions in Namibia. Through these initiatives, NYC will procure production equipment for existing businesses that seek to expand their operations and creating additional employment to young people. In total, the initiative will support 84 youth-owned businesses to the maximum of N$25,000 per beneficiary across the country (i.e. 06 beneficiaries per region to ensure equal distribution of resources).
NYC, therefore, invites young people between the ages of 18 to 35 who owns businesses to apply for this once-off opportunity titled “Equipment Aid Grants” (EAGs)
Who is eligible to apply?
- Namibian youth between the ages of 18 – 35 years;
- The business being supported must be owned by the young person, or a young person must at least own 51% of the business;
- The business must be registered and should have been in operation for at least 06 months before applying for the support; and
- The business should be operating in one of the priority sectors as listed below
- Manufacturing: (carpentry, joinery, metal fabrication, construction, tailoring/sewing, cosmetics, leather processing, shoe-making, jewellery, etc.);
- Food-processing: (dairy, jam/fruit, bakery, etc.);
- Catering & decorations: (catering and decorations equipment and materials)
- IT & business service centres: (graphic design, printing, internet cafe equipment)
- Auto services (car repair, wheel balancing, car wash etc.);
- Small scale stone processing: (cutting and polishing but not mining); and
- Agriculture: (horticulture, poultry, fish, pig farming, small stock & beekeeping)
Documents to be attached:
- Namibian Identity Document
- Company Registrations
- Quotes of the items to be procured
- 6 months bank statement (Personal or Business)/Sales Records
- Pictures of products or business premises
To apply, please click here grant link shorturl.at/FY016 by 24 August 2020
NB! No cash will be given to the beneficiaries, only equipment will be procured.